Shop and Buy PreSonus Faderport USB Production Controller Online
Price of PreSonus Faderport USB Production Controller
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. A superior solution for anyone who mixes in the box, the FaderPort provides a 100 mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader for writing fades and automation in real-time and 24 buttons covering 40 different functions, all in a compact chassis that easily sits on any desk. Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing. Control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
We’ve incorporated elements from the award-winning FaderPort 8 into our new and improved FaderPort. Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort handles what you really want to get your fingers on your mix. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
The FaderPort’s unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers, and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
* Features may vary depending on your software
FaderPort’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it fast and easy to control Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix.
But the FaderPort is downright magical when used with PreSonus Studio One. (Studio One Artist is included.) You’ll be amazed at how much faster you can work.
With the compact, easy-to-use FaderPort, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow and the most session control you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort for yourself!
Features of PreSonus Faderport USB Production Controller
- Single touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized fader
- Large, 360° button encoder
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Click On/Off
- Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Mac / Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop (footswitch not included)
- USB 2.0 connectivity
Technical Specifications of PreSonus Faderport USB Production Controller
Input / Output
|1 USB 2.0 port|
|1 Footswitch jack for hands-free stop/start|
|1 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized fader|
|Dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation|
|Ultra-smooth feel and lightning-fast|
|Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps|
Buttons and Knobs
|General Controls||360° button encoder, Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Click On/Off, 4 Function buttons, Parameter Link, Bypass Plug-ins|
|Channel Controls||Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm|
|Automation Controls||Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off|
|Transport||Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop, Return to Zero (Functionality varies slightly, depending on the DAW.)|
|Navigation||Track Scroll, Timeline Scroll, Horizontal Zoom, Vertical Zoom, Drop Marker, Pre/Next Marker, Prev/Next Event, Scrub, Nudge|
|Motorized fader requires 12 VDC, 1.2A external power supply (factory configured, included)|
|Height||1.8” (45 mm)|
|Depth||5.5” (140 mm)|
|Width||9” (230 mm)|
|Weight||1.5 lb. (0.68 kg)|
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for FaderPort:
- macOS® 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 10 x64
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
Mac and Windows Systems
- The most recent FaderPort firmware*
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control 2.8 or later (for firmware updates)
PreSonus FaderPort has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
- Native Mode
- PreSonus Studio One® 3.5.6 with extension*** or Studio One 4.0.1 or later
- HUI Emulation
- Supported by Pro Tools
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation**
- Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, and Ableton
* A firmware update is currently required for full functionality. Please download and install the latest version of Universal Control and run the firmware updater when prompted. See the FaderPort Owner’s Manual for instructions.
** Users of third-party DAWs not listed that support the Mackie Control protocol, such as Reason, Bitwig Studio, and Reaper, should contact their DAW vendor for support.
*** For more information, please see https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005017651-How-do-I-use-new-FaderPort-with-Studio-One-3-5-6-.
As a commitment to constant improvement, PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc., reserves the right to change any specification stated herein, at any time, without notification.